At DWF we like to keep an eye on the Digital Workplace news – here’s a quick roundup from September.
If you only read one thing
Well four things actually, but they’re worth it. And yes, we’re biased about the first one, but it is very good (and free).
- New research from the Digital Workplace Forum demonstrates the true value of working digitally
- The digital workplace – virtual work or digitally augmented work communities?
- The Digital Workplace concretized
- 5 reasons to take part in the Digital Workplace Trends survey
Living the flexible working dream
KPMG, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Barclays, Citi, Royal Bank of Scotland and UBS have all been in the news this month for their flexible working practices.
- KPMG San Diego Recognized For Exemplary Workplace Practices
- Banks and financial firms dominate list of most flexible employers
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car expands flexible working
Up and coming
Just how digital are ‘digital natives’, and what do they mean for the future of work?
- The Class of 2016 is All Digital, All the Time
- Dispelling myths about digital natives in the workplace
- Lines blur in era of the digital native
BYOD (not going away!)
More in September on what iPads and Apps mean for BYOD, plus Dell’s BYOD story.
- iPad-led BYOD leaves gaping holes in enterprise security
- Free Mobile Apps Put Your BYOD Strategies at Risk
- Dell CIO: Delivering on the BYOD Promise
DW in numbers
- Yankee Group: 60 percent of companies are allowing consumer devices and software, up from 43 percent in 2011.
- IDC: despite global economic doldrums, IT spending will still grow by an average of 6% globally.
- US Office of Personnel Management: one quarter of all eligible federal employees work outside the office at least one day a week
DW thinking points
Refresh your thinking of what work is and how work works in the DW with these articles.
- The Future of Work – The Past and Future of the Desk
- The workplace of 2025 will be wherever you want it
- Can digital tools help ‘re-humanize’ workplace interaction?